March 5, 2013

My Foray Into the 21st Century - A/k/a I bought a phone.

For the past few years, I've been using a very standard, fairly shitty, base-model Blackberry Curve. I want to preface this by saying that I love Blackberry. I even loved my sad phone. My phone was not sad because it was a Blackberry, but because my trackpad stopped working after about 2 weeks. A sensible person would replace said trackpad, or send it for repairs. But the time and money involved in either endeavor was enough to make the lazy, broke person I am just deal with it. I got through the past two and a half years with keyboard shortcuts and basically just dealing with it.

Well, last night, I finally had had enough. Also, I really wanted to play that stupid game that everyone in school was playing, 4 Pics 1 Word. So, I got a new phone. Specifically, a Sumsung Galaxy S3. I'd never used a touch-screen phone before, and my fingers feel fat and clumsy when I'm typing. It takes me about 5 times as long as it would have on my Blackberry to send one text. Everyone I've spoken to says that this will pass, and I'll be proficient soon enough. I hope that soon is soon indeed!

The first thing I did was download 4 Pics 1 Word. I'm not disappointed, I'm delighting in its entertainment value despite its simplicity. Then, I downloaded Facebook, because, well, what else does someone my age do with their time? I'm most excited about the Kindle app. I actually have a Sony Reader, but it's about 3 years old now, and the un-backlit screen (that has had a crack in it since liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike a month after I got it - I'm not lucky with technology) just isn't cutting it for me anymore.

Now, if I could just learn to put ringtones on the damn thing, I'll be all set.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll read anything but as this is a personal blog, whether or not it remains is up to me.