March 18, 2013

Big Brother Canada, as of the 9th episode

Well, Big Brother Canada has been pretty insane so far, with or without intervention of production. Honestly, the twist for Thursday's eviction was unnecessary - and ended REALLY badly for one of my favorites. I'm now weighing whether or not I feel super-jubilant over the look on Tom's face when Suzette was saved (seriously, it was probably the greatest feeling of elation I've ever had watching a TV show. I almost cried happy tears. And I feel that Canada did not vote to save Suzette because they all love Suzette, but because they all, like me, hate Tom), or crazy-sad about what happened to Aneal.

Oh, Aneal. When Tom was talking to Emmett in the pantry about a replacement nom and threw out Topaz's name so that AJ would get the boot (AJ would not be happy if AJ did not have the chance to keep talking about AJ in the third person on national television, because AJ probably doesn't realize that Canada thinks AJ is a gigantic joke...), I was like "Okay! Great! Let's do this!"

And then he fucking puts up Aneal. I still wasn't too instantly worried about the decision, til the votes started stacking up against him right away. 

Okay, so, here's a point of contention, a bit of a bone I'd like to pick with Big Brother: WHY were the houseguests not reprimanded for sharing who they voted for as they passed each other on the way to the Diary Room? Did anyone else catch that? WTF. Seriously, a lot of people (I think it was Emmett telling Talla he voted for Aneal that caught my eye) are "floaters" and are dead-terrified to even consider going against the majority in the house. They will vote however the so-called 'power-players' tell them to. Has anyone seen this passing of information on the US Big Brother? I realize that generally, you'd know who you were voting for prior to eviction night, and this was a twist/split-second decision, but seriously. Seeeeeeriously. It didn't seem right to me. I am le pissed about it.

Anyway. So Aneal got the boot, I got a sad, and the HGs played for HOH. They wore bee costumes. It was stupid. And I was pulling for Gary to win.

Gary's been growing on me in a big way these past few episodes. Besides the fact he's actually a really good physical competitor (and in all honesty, I've never had a "favorite" in the US treatment of the show that was a physical threat, I was always more into personalities or smart players, but where it was unexpected of big, glittering, flamingly flaming Gary, I find it impressive and endearing), he's absolutely hilarious and turning out to be really, really smart. So, as they got into the HOH competition, and Gary was seeming to pull out ahead, I was stoked.

But Emmett won. Now, Emmett is adorable, don't get me wrong, and is aligned with Peter and Alec, both of whom I like (other than Peter being involved with Liza... but Liza is another rant for another day. Let`s just say "dislike" and move right along), but he's also aligned with Tom, and, welp, you all know how I feel about him.

But the plot thickens. Apparently, eagle-eyed viewers noticed that during the comp, Emmett was breaking one of the rules - the most important rule: no carrying any of the balls in your hands, only in the pouches at the sides of your legs. So the lived feeds went out for hours and hours, while Big Brother, having been assaulted on social media with the claims, investigated.

And so it was - Emmett, Talla, Alec and Jillian had all 'cheated', and were made have-nots for the week. But, more importantly, they had to replay the HOH comp - and those 4 couldn't compete. Emmett's reign as HOH was a VERY short one. 

And who emerged victorious in the second competition? GARY. I was SO excited.

Anyway, he put up Liza and Tom, stating that Liza was his actual target. I know who won the Veto and whether or not they used it and whether or not the nominations stayed the same, so I'll throw that under a jump for those of you who would rather wait until Wednesday's show.
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v

Alec won the POV. He didn't use it - the nominations stay the same!! So Thursday, either Tom or Liza will be evicted (and someone else, because it's a double-eviction, but that remains to be seen).




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll read anything but as this is a personal blog, whether or not it remains is up to me.